A good CV will enable you to stand out of applicants, and increase your chance to get an interview opportunity. It is a summary of your academic/training background, work experience, skills and qualifications etc.
It is sad to say this, but recruiters would not spend too much time on one CV, how to catch their attention at a glance? Here are some tip from us:
1. Don't use one template CV for every single job, tailor your CV as much as possible. Display your work experience, skills which are related to the job description and avoid unnecessary or unrelated content.
2. Keep it as simple as possible, including the structure, wording, to make sure it is easy to follow.
3. Don't forget to add your contact information e.g. phone number, email address, so you can be reached if needed.
4. Always proofreading before you send it around.
Cover letter, one page paper, gives candidates a chance to sell yourself by highlighting your strength related to the post. You should include three main sections in your personal statement.
1. Explain the reason why you applied for this job, and why you think you are the best candidate for this post. Try to make this personal, and avoid using clichéd or common reasons.
2. Expand the achievements stated in the CV, and highlight your contribution instead of using words "we", "team members".
3. Give real examples of your skills, instead of saying "I am a team player" etc.
4. End your letter with a strong wish for an interview to discuss more in person.
5. Be honest, don't brag!
Want to know more about our services, request a quotation or other enquires?
Fill out the form below and we will be in touch as soon as we can.